Monday, March 21, 2005

China - Yangshuo - 3/21/2005

There's a rumor that says that doing nothing is bad for people.
I'd have to disagree with it today. Having been awaken by Rohit around 9:10 am to warn me that the breakfast was not going to be served past 9:30 in our hotel, I had to rush down to get some toast to eat before starting my very "tough" day.
I started by trying to catch up on this blog from 10 am to noon at an Internet cafe down the street from the Hotel. After doing that I agreed to meet Rohit for lunch at a place that Simon had recommended the previous night. It was a restaurant called "7th Heaven" on West St. (Everything for foreigners seems to be on that street), where I got fried duck with peanuts, that while good, didn't agree too much with my stomach either... at this rate my adventurous side will completely dissapear by the time i get back to Texas, and I'll go back to my Quesadilla-only diet.
In the afternoon I proceeded to chill out for awhile in the hotel room, and then sat at another coffee shop having some more banana milk shakes, and diet cokes while i read a bit more from my novel, at this rate I hope to be done with it before I get to Hong Kong, but we'll see... luckily I borrowed from Kabir another large novel that will probably tie me over the flight back to Austin.
After there was not enough light to keep on reading I decided to move to another cafe where they were showing some old episodes of Friends (probably from the large collection of pirated DVDs available in the stores), for a short while, I also borrowed their Internet connection and wrote another entry to the blog.
For dinner I ended up going to the bar where I was playing foosball last night, because i saw a sign that stated they had "Australian Meat pies", so I had to try that here in the middle of a Chinese village. It was actually very good, and something completely different for a change. After dinner I got them to lend me their internet to chat a bit with some friends and finish updating the blog (now I need to enter some back entries to complete it). Unfortunately I'm unsure when I'll be able to log on again, so it may fall into being out of date while I find a PC in Hong Kong.
I hope to have completely kicked my bug by the time I get to HK, but in the meantime I'll keep being sober and taking my antibiotic... could be worse, i guess, but doing absolutely nothing has been feeling good after the breakneck pace of the past two weeks.
Well, gonna head back to the hotel to go to sleep early and prepare for the trip back to Guilin tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home